α9 featuring full-frame stacked CMOS sensor ILCE-9
A new dimension of photographic speed: A game-changing image sensor from Sony makes conventional camera mechanisms redundant, achieving speed and performance that are beyond the capabilities of mechanical devices. What's more, freedom from mechanical noise and vibration opens up a vast new world of imaging opportunities.
Driving force for full-electronic revolution: Innovative full-frame stacked CMOS sensor with integral memory α9 liberates you from the limits of conventional SLRs that rely on mechanical systems. First to use high-speed stacked design, its 24.2-megapixel full-frame image sensor temporarily stores large-volume data in the integral memory for overall 20 times faster readout speed. The combination of the CMOS sensor and the enhanced BIONZ X™ image processing engine brings you true digital freedom.
High-speed continuous shooting at up to 20fps: The groundbreaking full-frame Exmor® RS CMOS sensor and the BIONZ X processor team up for 20fps continuous shooting with AF/AE tracking. Stunning, high-speed performance and ample buffer lets you capture the decisive moment.
No noise distraction: An anti-distortion electronic shutter allows silent shooting without mechanical mirror and shutter noise. It’s ideal for sports and subjects that demand quiet operation, greatly expanding camera versatility
No unwanted vibration: During SLR shooting, mirror shock and shutter release shock cause subtle vibration. α9, however, has a vibration-free electronic shutter that can keep the camera stable, for razor-sharp images.
Swift, accurate and reliable AF: Discover enhanced AF - more precise, virtually unfailing focus, swift reaction to fast motion, low-light reliability and consistent tracking in continuous shooting.
4D FOCUS: Stunningly wide coverage: 693. Remarkable number of phase-detection AF points The phase-detection points on the surface of an image sensor-693 AF points-cover approximately 93% of the image area. High-precision performance assures your focus on subjects.
Specifications & Features
- 24.2-megapixel 35 mm full-frame stacked CMOS sensor with integral memory
- BIONZ X™ image processing engine
- High-speed continuous shooting of up to 20fps with AF/AE tracking
- 693-point wide-area phase-detection AF
- Five-axis image stabilisation with effectiveness equivalent to 5.0-stop slower shutter speed
- LENS COMPATIBILITY Sony E-mount lenses
- SENSOR TYPE 35 mm full frame (35.6 x 23.8 mm), Exmor® RS CMOS sensor
- NUMBER OF PIXELS (EFFECTIVE) Approx. 24.2 megapixels
ISO SENSITIVITY (RECOMMENDED EXPOSURE INDEX)
[Still images] Mechanical Shutter: ISO 100-51200 (ISO numbers up from ISO 50 to ISO 204800 can be set as expanded ISO range), AUTO (ISO 100-6400, selectable lower limit and upper limit), Electronic Shutter: ISO 100-25600 (ISO numbers up from ISO 50 can be set as expanded ISO range), AUTO (ISO 100-6400, selectable lower limit and upper limit), [Movies] ISO 100-51200 equivalent (ISO numbers up to ISO 102400 can be set as expanded ISO range), AUTO (ISO 100-6400, selectable lower limit and upper limit)
- BATTERY LIFE (STILL IMAGES) Approx. 480 shots (Viewfinder) / approx. 650 shots (LCD monitor) (CIPA standard)30
- VIEWFINDER TYPE 1.3 cm (0.5 type) electronic viewfinder (colour),Quad-VGA OLED
- SCREEN TYPE 7.5 cm (3.0-type) type TFT
We Also Recommend
ILCE-5100L- α5100 E-mount camera with APS-C sensor (Body + 16–50 mm Power Zoom Lens) ILCE-5100L